No matter your profession, stress, and anxiety can affect anyone. It’s important to have a plan in place to help manage those feelings when they arise. Here are five simple activities that I use regularly to combat stress and anxiety:
- Move physically. Sometimes the best way to combat stress and anxiety is to physically change the space around you. Even if all you can do is get up and walk around, it can help shift your mindset and break up the cycle of stress.
- Breathe and meditate. Taking a few minutes to breathe deeply and focus on the present moment can help calm your mind and reduce stress. If you need guidance, there are many apps and online resources available for guided meditations.
- Do a quick workout. Even just a few minutes of movement can help get your blood pumping and release endorphins, which can improve your mood and reduce stress.
- Get outside. Fresh air and a change of scenery can do wonders for your mental health. Take a short walk or simply step outside and breathe in the fresh air.
- Journal and practice gratitude. Writing out your thoughts and feelings can be a helpful way to process stress and anxiety. Additionally, making a list of things you’re grateful for can help shift your mindset towards positivity and gratitude.
Stress can come from a variety of places, oftentimes our jobs and families. Incorporating these simple activities into your routine can help you manage stress and anxiety, and improve your overall well-being. Give them a try and see how they work for you!